Coconut Lemon Pudding – Our aim today is to present you an incredibly delicious dessert which provides amazing health benefits at the same time!
It is a great snack, dessert, or a breakfast meal.
This ketogenic- style recipe is low in carbs, but high in collagen protein which will treat joint pain, improve the intestinal membrane, and promote hair, nails, and skin health.
The collagen protein or grass-fed beef gelatin is a unique protein source which rejuvenates, heals leaky gut syndrome, strengthen the joints, and enhance your beauty.
Also, coconut milk is an incredibly healthy ingredient, rich in anti-inflammatory medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) which are quickly metabolized by the body and used to burn fat.
Lemon juice provides fantastic health benefits, such as:
- Lemon juice regulates the pH levels in the body.
- It prevents the formation of kidney stones. Popsugar.com states that “Drinking one half-cup of lemon juice every day raises citrate levels in the urine. Studies have shown that this could protect against calcium stones in the kidney.”
- It prevents cancer.
- Due to the high pectin content, which is a soluble fiber which provides a feeling of satiety, it prevents weight loss.
Coconut Lemon Pudding Recipe
This is how to prepare it:
- 3 tablespoons of grass-fed beef gelatin (if you are a vegan, use 3 tablespoons of agar flakes or agar powder instead)
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 2 cups of full-fat organic coconut milk (in can)
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- lemon or vanilla flavored Sweet Leaf Stevia to taste
*You can use Maple syrup, or honey to sweeten it.
Method of preparation:
Pour 1/2 cup of water into a pan, and then add the gelatin over it. Set it aside for several minutes for it to become spongy and soft. Then, mix the coconut milk, lemon juice, and vanilla in a mixing bowl or Mason jar.
On low heat, heat the gelatin mixture for it to dissolve. Remove it from the heat and add Stevia or honey and stir well. Then immediately whisk into the lemon coconut mixture.
Pour the pudding into small glasses, and leave it to cool down until it is a bit “fluffy’’.
Sources: drjockers.com, healthynaturalteam.com, theheartysoul.com